Mickey Seamus Moran

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Feeding Changes

You know, reading through the past few entries, I realized I hadn't informed everyone of a very big decision Chris and I had to make about Mickey...after a lot of thought and prayer, we have decided to put Mickey on formula. It was a very hard decision to make seeing as I always thought I would breastfeed for a longer time, but God seemed to have other plans for our boy and that is perfectly fine with us! We ultimately want what's best for Mickey and not what we want for ourselves...he seems to do much better on formula in that he is full and not still hungry, and just some other issues that we were seeing with him when it came to nursing...he takes the bottle extremely well (in fact, he's quite the little piggy when it comes to it). It's been very humbling for me, which I am grateful to God for, and He has shown me a lot about my expectations and desires the past few weeks.

Please pray for Mickey also because he has been showing some signs of having slight reflux problems. It's been nothing serious, but it is causing him to spit up more than usual and for him to have some stomach pains. I am planning to talk to the doctor about this next time, but just pray that God gives him relief and even healing! The formula is definitely staying down better which is helpful. He's such a sweetie and I am so thankful to God for giving him to us. God has truly blessed us with this boy and I can still hardly believe he's finally here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home