Mickey Seamus Moran

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mickey!

Today is Mickey's 2 week birthday! I can't believe it was two weeks ago that I had him...I feel like we just got home from the hospital. I guess it's because he's been keeping me so busy...although he didn't like it too much, we had to celebrate by going to the pediatrician's office. The doctor says everything still looks really good and he weighed in at 10 lbs 2 oz! My little porker!! He goes in January 30th for the ultrasound of his back, so you can still be praying for him. The doctor again reassured me that 95% of the time it turns out to be nothing, but they want to be safe.

Mickey liked having his grandpa here to spoil him!! No one can stop kissing his chubby cheeks! He doesn't mind too much though. He likes all the attention and cuddling.

I've started getting a persistant schedule set up for him! I was really getting frustrated because I felt like he was hungry too soon and that he wasn't having consistent nap times. I've been reading the Baby Wise book and it really helps...he's now eating every 3 hours which means I have plenty of time to build up enough so he isn't hungry. He's napping between feedings too which helps because I know when he eats and when he sleeps and can therefore actually plan my day accordingly!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful http://www.ezzo.info/

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from ezzo.info--"Breastfeeding on a parent-determined schedule (including a "flexible routine" as it is called in Babywise) may reduce a mother's milk supply and contradicts the recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), which has stated, "The best feeding schedules are the ones babies design themselves. Scheduled feedings designed by parents may put babies at risk for poor weight gain and dehydration."

hmm...i doubt that mickey will have that problem...

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, i hear the same is true for discipline. you should only make him do what he desires, because he'll only want things that are right for himself. i mean, it's not like he's going to want to do stupid things, like set stuff on fire or play in the street.

also: 2 weeks?!? and i've only seen him ONE TIME???? gaaahhh....

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home