Mickey Seamus Moran

Friday, December 08, 2006

Mickey is Finally Here!!

Monday night around 10 pm I started going into labor! I wasn't quiet sure if it was real or not, but when the contractions started getting worse and closer together, we decided to go to the hospital and got there around 2:10 am. God was so faithful and extremely awesome during the whole labor! I received my first epidural not too long after I arrived because I was already 4 cm when I got there. It was working very well which was helping. Jamie came into work around 7 am and was able to come on as my nurse!! My epidural tube had come out somewhat because they kept retaping it, so I received a second one because the pain was getting intense. They put me on a pitocin drip to help make my contractions a little stronger and also broke my water. By then I was 5 cm.

The doctor came in after awhile to check on me and I had only gone up .5 cm and was not really effaced any more than I had been. It was then that she told me that she believed I was going to need a c-section! Although Mickey was doing fine, he hadn't dropped down into the pelvis anymore and my contractions weren't doing much although they were intense. Dr. Wind said she believed he was just too big for me. She said we could wait an hour and see if anything changed, but she really doubted it would. Jamie encouraged me to wait the hour and we'd pray. So, my mom, Chris, Jamie, and I began praying that God would do a miracle and make it to where I would be able to deliver without surgery. (Thank you to all who were also praying on our behalf...)

The doctor came back in forty five minutes later and checked and I was 7 cm dialated, fully effaced, and he was right where he needed to be!! What an awesome God!! The doctor said I was fine and would probably be able to deliver naturally. Around 11:10 she came back and checked and said I was ready to push! I was extremely exhausted and had been dozing, so I didn't even believe her at first...God was again faithful and gave me the strength to push and even some pain so I was able to feel when and how to push! The doctor told me to be prepared to push for up to 2.5 hours, but again God was full of grace and 20 minutes later Mickey Seamus Cooligan Moran made his appearance into the world to be greated by his mommy, daddy, and two of his grandmothers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home